Längd: 81,5 cm, Höjd: 61,5 cm.
French strip of the line, 1636
The first great ship to be completely designed and constructed by the French. On
the orders of Cardinal Richelieu, the work was entrusted to the famous master craftsman
Charles Morieur of Dieppe. The ship was completed in 1636 in the La
Roche Bernard shipyard and was one of the most imposing vessels of that time.
Special attention was paid to the sculptural decoration of the ship which was carried
out by sculptors in wood. Using our tried and tested system of cross sections
and double planking which characterises most of our preparation of the components,
this model is outstanding because of the quality and variety of the woods
which have been used.